- ~.ISpi: In the case where a lock object is not supplied, the caller
may now access the driver subsequently provided the lock on the driver
itself is acquired first.
- ~.pd.DiClient: separate lock-object dispensed with. The
caller is now required to acquire the lock on the driver/container
itself before accessing it subsequently.
- IDevice: executeCmd(), getStatus() now return Object (instead of Serializable)
- IStatusEtc: status() now returns Object (instead of Serializable)
- StatusPlusProgInfo: status() now returns Object (instead of Serializable)
- ~.IDiClient: jdoc now states that 'thead-safety may not be assumed'
and that 'the result of calling methods out of turn is undefined';
also, 'the socket that sends/receives' becomes 'the socket that will
be created to send/receive'
- ~.IDiClient: connect() methods now only throw InterruptedException
as a checked exception: any exception deemed to be due to a temporary
network or server problem will be caught (enabling jmacs to try again
later'); any exception deemed to be due to the caller---server
hostname/name properties causing MalformedURLExceptions, bad
device-interface definition---will be wrapped in a RuntimeException
- ~.ISpi: newDiClient() becomes createDiClient()